Culpeper Tells will be held Saturday, March 10, 2018
at the Culpeper Baptist Church, 318 S. West Street, Culpeper, VA 22701.
The festival is presented by the Friends of the Culpeper County Library and a volunteer committee.
All proceeds benefit the Culpeper County Library.
What is storytelling?
Simply put, it’s timeless entertainment. Whether the stories are told around a fire, or the kitchen table, storytelling is a beloved tradition passed down through generations. Stories engage the imagination and bring people together. While it’s not stand-up comedy, although it’s often humorous. Culpeper Tells has included bluegrass and folk singing, but it’s not a concert. It’s not children’s story time, but all ages will enjoy most stories. Our storytelling festival features performances and workshops from a variety of professional storytellers, while also offering a story slam—a chance for amateurs to tell a tale.
Culpeper Tells 2018 event schedule*
Performances on Friday, March 9 for Culpeper County Public Schools
The main event is Saturday, March 10 at Culpeper Baptist Church
- Afternoon session (starting at 1:00 pm)
- 1:00 pm Afternoon session kicks off with emcee Frank Wells of WJMA and storytelling performance by Charlotte Blake Alston
- 2:30 pm Ed Stivender presents a storytelling workshop
- 3:30 pm Story Slam—Toss your name in the hat for a chance to tell a tale and win prizes!
- 4:30 pm Josh Goforth storytelling performance
- 5:30 pm Afternoon sessions end. Enjoy downtown Culpeper shopping and dining!
- Evening performance (starting at 7:30 pm) featuring Josh Goforth, Charlotte Blake Alston, and Ed Stivender
*Schedule is subject to change.